Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Long Black One!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaves View Post
    Sucks.... At least you didn't have the hassle of sorting out refunding clutch etc
    True! I wasnt expecting a same day fix

would be epic if you brought this on the 8th man, sucks about your diff bro
    'tella what's GWANING
    RUBBY DOOOOBBYYY'

good to hear it was jsut the diff! looking forward to some vids in this

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
    Yeah so this bastard is now a full up and running manual with the welded diff fitted today
    All the pics are on my iphone4 that has recently refused to charge
    Had a bit of a scare the other day when i lost drive after some horrible noises. Turned out the welds in the diff had broken and eaten the cogs....so yeah, shit got chewed. Luckily i had already got a spare diff and had it welded ( big thanks freddie! ) so chucked that in and its all good
    I want to hit pod on the 8 th but im on call for work, so need to get it covered!
    Get it off dudeeee

Im booked. hope to be there, see how lydden goes this weekend!! worse case Ill take the matchems missile there ha

Haha yeah i need to do some begging tomorrow! Lol

Forum Hero
    Real Name
    Louis Dinneen
    Glad it was a simple fix, diff back to whoever welded that then for a refund me thinks! Glad it hadnt gone to pod and done it though, nice to see the weakness was found on the street just normal driving first! lol

Yeah it was still auto when it failed, the garage that did it arent trading anymore....

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Glad it hadnt gone to pod and done it though, nice to see the weakness was found on the street just normal driving first! lol
    true that

Hero
    Real Name
    Caine
    Awesome!!! Glad its all up and running mate except the minor set back.

If you need any more diffs anytime gimmie a shout also if you need a standard clutch for the w58 i have one with less than 3k miles on it.
    Never Give In, Never Give Up, Never Back Down!!!

Well update time!
    I took it up to pod and had a good day, it was my first skid day in a year, so took a little settling in. after playing with tyre pressures and suspension settings it was all good
    Didnt enjoy it as much as i thought i would though i think going from the no fucks given s14 to a car i didnt want to damage or abuse too much on its first outing took the edge off slightly...
    The only downer of the day was when i came into the hairpin on the handbrake and had a blow out, sending me off into that giant blue petrol can thing

Thats after straightening my folded over exhaust!
    I tried the classic t-cut but it wouldnt touch it. But cannon saved it using something called G3

Decided to sort my blocked exhaust by getting Jim to cut the back boxes open, rip out all the insides and weld them back up.
    This worked well and sounded awesome....until the underside of one of the boxes developed a 10" split a week later, making the most hideous rattle.
    So got the grinder out and just cut the boxes off! Lol

Does look a but odd without them though

Went out for a "drive" last night with a few of the usual suspects. I "drove" round a wet roundabout and managed to take my passenger rear tyre off the rim making a horrible metal on tarmac noise
    Limped it up to a petrol station to try and blow it back up but the piss weak air machine was no use. So had to put the spare on

The front face of my rim was ok, Just hope i havent chewed the inside edge too much as it looked quite bad

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast